June 14, 2021
Ebrahim Raeisi keeps his lead as a frontrunner in the next Iranian presidential election. Sixty-two-four percent of the likely voters in the latest Stasis poll say that they will vote for Raeisi, followed by Mohsen Rezaee (the former head of the Revolutionary Guard, 5.5%), Naser Hemati (the former head of the Central Bank, under Rouhani’s administration, 3.1%), and Saeed Jalili (the former national security adviser, 2.9.4%)
Question: Regardless of the likelihood of your participation in the upcoming presidential election, if you wanted to vote, of these names who have been qualified by the Guardian Council, who would you choose? The candidates are listed here in alphabetical order. Jalili, Rezaee, Raeisi, Zakani, Ghazizadeh, Mehralizadeh or Hemati?
The poll, conducted by Stasis for IITV on June 13, 2021, for Iran International TV, also found that only approximately 32% of Iranian citizens will participate in the upcoming presidential election. Eleven percent of Iranians are undecided as to whether they will vote and another 58% prefer to not cast a ballot at all.
The results of this poll have been interactively visualized in this link.
This is an interactive platform detailing the results of every question, distinguished by gender, age group, location, and education in a bar chart.
For each question, there is a bubble chart (consisting of many small circles), detailing the respondents’ information. Each circle represents a single respondent and by clicking on it, you can find the complete answer set for that particular respondent. The color coding is consistent between the bubble chart and bar chart for easy comparison.
- Telephone interviews were conducted on June 13, 2021, with a random sample of 641 Iranians aged 18 and older living in Iran. Native Farsi speakers conducted the interviews during daylight hours.
- The proportional two-stage sample includes respondents from every province. Provinces have been sampled based on their population.
- Based on the sample, there is a 95% confidence that the margin of sampling error is ± 3.8 percentage points (likely voters excluded).
- Results are weighted by gender, age, and location (urban vs. rural areas) based on the Iranian national census of 2016 and 2018 statistical yearbook.
- Rates of respondent candor and reliability were appraised by experienced interviewers. Twelve persons found to be lacking in these areas were removed from the sample.
- This poll was carried out by Stasis for Iran International TV.